In 1896 the Collins family took up residence at Grassfield Hall. The large family from Kirkham Bank in Knaresborough, managed the Harewood House Estate. The head of the household, Major Collins, a Royal surgeon, met his wife, Olympe Amelie, (who was from Mauritius) whilst travelling with the Army. Together they had seven children, their second daughter Amy was a keen photographer and took many photographs of her family and their friends, as they socialised in the house and grounds. These photographs can be seen proudly displayed around Pateley Bridge and here at Grassfield Hall. After the Collins family moved out, the Yorke's sold Grassfield Hall in 1925 when the Bewerley Estate was broken down for death duties. In 1928 Father Hammond moved into Grassfield Hall. Previously he used to pass through the town on his bike as he cycled to Scar every Sunday to say the Mass for the locals. He heard that there was a room that he could use at Grassfield while his church, The Lady Immaculate, was being built so he moved in and converted a space in the front of the house as a place to worship.